Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Old Picky Soul

So I have always been an odd duck about the music I listen to. My sister, bless her heart, had to live through my entire high school years listening to Frank Sinatra's Duets album every single night, I kid you not. For some reason I couldn't sleep without hearing Frank and Luther sing about the Lady Being a Tramp.

I blame my parents. Every time we traveled going to GenSan or Lake Sebu, they'd be blaring old music on the radio wherever we went and I assume that's where my love of "older" songs got born. To this day, my iPod is still filled with Frank Sinatra.

Of course through the years, I've learned to widen my scope of singers. Younger and alive artists such as Harry Connick Jr., Michael Buble and even Rod Stewart started to pepper then dominate my collection of "oldies" as they are labeled in my iPod. Now, whenever I want to sleep in a snap, I put on a good set of earphones and play them as my lullaby. Ever tried having Harry Connick Jr. rock you to sleep? You should totally try it. Makes your dreams colorful =)

No comments:

Post a Comment