Friday, September 3, 2010

Ded Na Si Lolo

Ded na si Lolo is undoubtedly one of the funniest Filipino movies I have seen ever! Soxy Topacio's satire on Filipino wakes, burials and deaths in the family is crazy brilliant. I laughed, I cried, I analyzed and I was only halfway through the film.

I loved every bit about this movie, from the superstitions of what can or cannot be done during wakes to the peripheral characters such as the Kapitana and the neighbors. The cliches were dealt with perfectly because every single person can relate to this film. I mean we all know of someone's whose fainted at a burial or two. I also loved how the main characters talked about their fainting moments.

This movie gets a 5 star rating in my book. Please go buy the DVD and watch it. Ded na si Lolo is a must see!

No comments:

Post a Comment