Thursday, September 2, 2010

Flaws

I kind of had a breakthrough... well, not really. For the first time ever, I wrote on a public internet site that I'm fat. I guess it's not really a big deal I mean anybody who's ever seen me can definitely see that I am. I mean, seriously, it's no secret.

But to publicly say it in cyberspace is kind of new. When we post things on facebook or twitter or even blogs, we kind of present our good sides which is why I think a lot of people prefer going online because we can still edit ourselves which is kind of harder to do in real life.

I remember when I was still writing back in the day, I would write an article say in 30 minutes. I write it, leave it then come back to edit it. My Auntie Beng taught me that because she said it refreshes your mind and she's right. I can catch mistakes better when I do that.

But real life isn't like that. We all have to walk around with our flaws. I mean sure we can "edit" ourselves through make up or clothes but it still doesn't take out the fact that we have flaws. My sister is lightyears away from me on this. She's fat too and she doesn't seem to mind that other people can see her "fatness". What I mean by that is she doesn't seem to mind that they see her arms or her legs. I guess it's because she knows that she has more to offer than what they already can see. She once told me, "Ate, they already know you're fat. Why hide it?" I guess, I want to hide it from myself... (deep reflective moment...) hahaha!

But seriously, we do all have flaws. I love this youtuber named Shane Dawson. He has a few channels online and is the top 3rd most subscribed channel on youtube. I like his videos because he makes them for kids (even though he cusses a lot) but he knows how to get their attention. He is actually a Christian and a virgin (though that might not of his own volition). And he made a video on Flaws (which is actually the inspiration of this blog entry). He encouraged those who watched to write down what their flaws were and I wrote there that I'm fat.

So, I guess I'm embracing my flaw in this blog. I'm fat!

No comments:

Post a Comment