Sunday, August 29, 2010

Deep Random Thoughts: Life, Death and Everything in Between

*Disclaimer: Deep Random Thoughts are blogs on anything that deeply affects me emotionally, mentally and spiritually. They may not be structurally well written but they're from the heart. And you were already forewarned that they're random...

It was about a year ago that I was having a really bad case of tonsilitis. Being the bad patient that I was, I didn't finish my antibiotics which then exacerbated my problem to the point that I started having structural defects in my throat since it wasn't healing properly. Anyway, this led to a series of diagnosis from different doctors which ranged from laryngitis to possible brain tumors. When I woke up this morning I was thinking about that I realized that I am very blessed because lying down in the other room is my Auntie Pearl.

Auntie Pearl is my Tata Ernie's (mama's oldest brother) wife. She was diagnosed with cancer the year I was born and she has survived the death of her husband. However, she is in bad shape right now. She is in a lot of pain. But just like everyone says, she is a fighter. She just arrived from Kenya after having traveled for the past 24 hours and then again on a plane tomorrow for another hour and a half. She is one of those people whose faith is so strong that you know exactly where she's going to go when God finally can't wait to have her by His side.

So I was thinking about life and our journies. Some of us have it easier than others. We all take different paths but we all end up in one of two places, heaven or hell. And whether we like it or not the way we live our lives determine where we go. So it is about the journey because the decisions we make translates into paths we take (ugh! rhyme).

No comments:

Post a Comment